Come TEACH in Armenia....starting August 2013!
The Armenian Volunteer Corps (AVC) is seeking individuals of all backgrounds and career interests who have the skills to make a difference in the lives of students in Armenia for its ten month TEACH program developing leadership, civic responsibility, volunteeerism, and global awareness through English language learning.
TEACH volunteers will work with middle and high school students to develop civic participation and leadership skills, while encouraging volunteerism and global awareness through English language learning, inside and outside of the classroom. Trained volunteers will utilize service learning to help develop more active communities.
TEACH volunteers will receive:
- Round trip airfare via a travel reiumbursement
- Housing and breakfast with a host family
- A stipend consistent with a local salary
- Intensive training and support
- Eastern Armenian language classes
- The opportunity to participate in forums and gatherings to become familiar with Armenia
- The opportunity to participate in periodic excursions throughout Armenia
To be eligible TEACH applicants must:
- Be at least 21 years of age
- Have received a bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university
- Be available for 10 months (including training) beginning August 15th
Find out how to apply here.